Friday 26 October 2012

Crucial Crew

A few months ago I was lucky enough to be asked to do a few illustrations for my friends over at Totally Laughter Yoga for a project they were doing with Crucial Crew. These guys are pretty awesome and go into schools to educate kids about all manner of things, including how to dial emergency services, CPR and how to spot hazards in the home. I actually remember doing something like this when I was at school and how interesting it was. I think I had to dial for the fire brigade following a mock accident involving fireworks and being terrified! I was a pretty shy child mind you!

Anyway Sandra and Simon asked me to design four pictures of rooms filled with potential hazards for them. They gave me a couple of things they wanted to include but I was given pretty free rein over the general look of things. Here's what I came up with. See if you can spot the hazards!

The idea was that these would be printed up on magnetic board so that kids could place magnets over the hazards.





I also made a couple of simplistic signs for them to choose from to print as the magnets that the kids would place onto the images to point out the hazards. Rather amusingly they decided to go for the triangle which once cut out turned out to be slightly hazardous itself! I think some sanding down of pointy corners sorted it out though.




No comments:

Post a Comment