Friday 26 October 2012

Fill- Horses Inspiration

Phil from band Fill (confusing yes?) has asked me to make a music video for one of their songs called Horses. I've been pretty busy at work but now I have some time I've started thinking about what I might do.

I also asked my best bud Will, who's an awesome artist in his own right and works in the games industry to give me a hand with the technical side. I've not done a huge amount of animation/motion stuff in the past so he's gonna help me with that side of things. (Check out his tumblr at http://ussop-ussop.tumblr.com/ ) 

My first thoughts were about doing something understandably horsey...but the underlying tone of the song is about oppression, the system and a world of overlords! Err...something like that. I'm looking to have a frenetic animation style like Raymond Briggs Snowman and Will showed me this very effective Radiohead video which uses minimal animation and focuses on simple artwork that might factor into it. The song makes me think dystopia, very V for Vendetta style full of riots, protests and uprisings. 

Hopefully I'll get some drawings done soon!









No comments:

Post a Comment